This Sunday, September 3, Pastor Tommy is going to be preaching on worship. Worship is a core part of the Christian experience, but so often we conflate it with our personal music preferences or favorite style. In preparation for Sunday's message, here are 10 Questions I Must Ask Myself in Preparing for True Worship:
1. Am I coming before God to worship Him with a sincere heart (Hebrews 10:22)?
2. Am I focused on the Lord alone (Exodus 20:4-6)?
3. Do I have a firm grip on the confession of our hope in Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:14-16)?
5. Do I have full assurance that faith provides sufficient entrance into His presence and before the Throne of Grace (Hebrews 11:6)?
6. Do I come as a true child of God, knowing my sings are cleansed through personal faith in Christ (Romans 10:9-13)?
8. Do I come in purity, cleansed from the daily sin in my life (1 John 1:9)?
9. Do I come to render honor, glory, praise, and thanksgiving to God rather than to receive anything for myself (1 Corinthians 10:31)?
10. Is my desire and commitment, that, having entered the presence of God through worship, He will break me, mold me, and make me a pure vessel, useful for the Master's service (2 Timothy 2:21)?
We want to encourage you to read these scriptures and think on these questions as we gather for corporate worship Sunday morning.